Monday, April 14, 2008

milk was a bad choice


I have this deeply rooted milk phobia. When I was younger I was babysitting Madison Wardel one night and after putting her to bed, poured myself a glass of milk. The Wardels got their milk from Country Boy Dairy, so it was in one of those jug thingies. I took a big swig....it was rotten...really rotten. I threw up in the sink repeatedly. Since then I have been weird about milk. I can only drink milk from my house or my mom's (Back when my mom drank real milk). That's it. I cannot, under any circumstances, share milk. If Spencer took a sip of milk from the jug, I'd refuse to drink it, or worse, out of my cup....ew! I also can't drink it out of paper...cup or carton. Furthermore, if it is within 3 days of expiring, I refuse to drink it and Spencer has to finish it off. I know, I'm strange. Luckily, Shanda experiences the exact same disease.

Yesterday Spencer and I were laughing about how his dad would only buy one drink for the three kids to share whilst on family drives, and Spencer would guzzle it, so Summer would time him. (That's probably where Miley gets it from, Sum!) We also laughed that their only option was Sprite. I suggested I'd rather our kids have juice, or better yet, milk. Spencer then offered this entirely accurate description of what would happen:

Spencer: "On trips? Milk!? Yeah good idea, honey. Cru would be like (in a deep Ron Burgundy-like voice), "Mommy, my tummy huuuurts....I just drank this whole 20 ounce milk!" Then, Bossy (Bostyn) would be like (in a high pitched, sassy black girl with a fro voice), "Cru, you are so lame! I told you not to get milk!" Cru would then proceed to spit up milk in his car seat, Bossy would throw up too cause she'll probably inherit your gag reflex and you'd be in the passenger seat yelling at me to pull over in between dry heaves...next thing you know the whole family is having water in their cereal for the next three to six years!"

me, after laughing hysterically: "Yeah. Sprite is good. We're gonna have the best life ever!!"

8 comments:

Natalie said...

a) I love that your kids are named already and you talk about them.

b) I hate milk. I drink a fruit smoothie everyday in order to get my calcium in. And I take Viactiv.

Shanda said...

OMH! I love this story! I HATE milk! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! Seriously! I am confused as to who Cru is... Is he going to be adpoted also, or is he one of your own? I can totally picture you guys driving in the car and then all of you puking your guts out. I have this feeling that you would puke as soon as the kids started! It is a great picture in my head. Very funny!

Chelsi said...

You're so funny. I would totally puke once the kids did!! Sick!!
Cru is our son. He will be adopted too, but they will all be our own.

Kari said...

How did Belle's party go? Sorry we couldn't make it. And I'm sorry I didn't RSVP. I suck, I know. I'm a fan of the name Cru. I'm set on Gavin, but Matt just won't have it. I think I'll just have to name him before Matt has a chance to interject.

mommy princess said...

Thanks for saying such nice things about my flowers. I loved this story. Probably because I've had kids throw up milk in their car seats before. There is nothing worse than curdled throw up! In fact I only drink vanila soy milk. I never really thought about why, but we've probably just uncovered the answer. Thanks for saving me time and money on a costly therapy session. lol

JeriLynn said...

I have what I call Pregnancy Induced Lactose Intolerance. . . Again. Of course, you might remember I had the same affliction when I was pregnant with Liesl. I really miss cold cereal. . . . It'll go away the minute I deliver, luckily.

I'm glad I finally found your blog! I love your comments!

Kate Gildea said...

Ha ha, who doesn't love a good babysitting story? You guys are so funny. And tell your hubby that my dad did the same thing. One big drink for all the kids, but we usually had root beer or orange.

And I loved your wedding pose...

Summer said...

Spences memory is a little big fuzzy. Some of us were allowed to have our own drinks because we could "handle" our soft drinks. Spenece was not because he was the human vacuum. So sometimes my mom would have us share with him and you really did have to put a time limit on him or he would have it gone in sixty seconds :) love you little bro