1) the colors
2) the smell in the air
3) speaking of air, the crisp, not-too-hot, not-too-coldness
4) fall fashion is my faaaaaaaaave! oh i live for fall clothes! i'm very excited to pull out my swing coats, hats, pashminas, berry and jewel tones, dark lipstick, smokey eyes, animal prints, lace cardigans, leg warmers, somebody stop me!!!
5) fall food. apple cider, hot chocolate, my momma's stew. i love to bake with pumpkin and squash! i love pumpkin rolls. this year i'm trying out a squash lasagna; i'll let you know how it goes. i also have the most fabulous pumpkin soup recipes, courtesy of my friend JeriLynn, which I put in here:
6) parties. I love to entertain in the fall. halloween parties are my faaaaaaave!
7) dressing up. Here are some of my fave costumes throughout the years:
Duckling and Sleeping Beauty (What? I like Sleeping Beauty, ok?)8) Halloween decorations. I beg to get them out in like August...I struggle. Every square inch is decorated. These are some of my favorites:
9) Pumpkins. Last year I made this:
And this year, I made these! I'm entering them in a contest at Micheal's. Wish me luck.
10) there is soooooo much to do in the fall, especially up here! football and baseball games, murder mystery parties, the HOWL, Poe in the Dark, scary movies, haunted houses, hayrides, corn mazes, bonfires...oh my!!!!
11) Thanksgiving...gramma's food and fun with family? yes, please.
12) cuddling. everyone cuddles more in the fall. the first time me and spencer cuddled it was watching a scary movie in a cornfield...yeah, i know, it WAS fun!
13) fall is a great time to fall in love
14) trick-or-treating. just plain fun.
15) Thriller. if you haven't seen this, you should. it's sooo cool!
16) TV premieres...I know, but I can't deny it.
17) Conference. When I was younger, I kinda dreaded conference. It was hard to wake up early (for me) on a Saturday, and really listen. Now that I'm older, I really enjoy it. I feel like I finally get the importance of it. We have a PROPHET. Conference is like our own annual instruction manual. I'm a fan. Also, thanks to DVR, I can totally sleep in.
18) Cold Stone. I really don't frequent Cold Stone except for October...I have an annual creation of pumpkin ice cream, Heath bars, and caramel. Oh, it's yummmmy. I had my yearly one last night...well, half of it. I'm saving the other half for tonight. Mmmmm.
17) Pumpkin walk. So. Freaking. Cool. People never cease to amaze me with their pumpkin carving talent.
18) Spencer+sweater+jeans+flip flops=hot=clothes coming off. ;)
19) It's breast cancer awareness month, so random products are available in PINK! Yay! I just bought pink tic tacs.
*sigh* I wish October was longer....