Saturday, January 3, 2009

mommy business


For the past few months, this guy has been Belle's favorite toy. It's a stuffed tator tot dressed like a vampire. It came in my Sonic kids meal. She LOVES this guy. She even sleeps with it every night.


We went back to Sonic to buy more tots for her, but they were all gone. I'm getting a bit worried that tot will have to be replaced soon. So, for Christmas, I wanted to make her a toy reminiscent of the tot...same weight ratio, dimensions, ect. When choosing fabric, I got thinking...in addition to the tot, and dryer sheets, Belle also loves socks....LOVES socks. Enter the socktopus.



She loves it. Yay!!

She also got a bunch of new toys from Santa, one of which she's already unstuffed, as well as toys from Miley and Grandma and Grandpa, and treats from Grammy that she looooves, and a new sweater from me and dad....and a looooooot of treats. What? So we totally humanize her and we're "those" people, what of it?! ;)

7 comments:

Julie and KC said...

Too cute!!

Lori said...

love it.

Natalie said...

Adorable!! I want to make sock toys. I be those would be hard for my puppy to rip into because they don't have as many seams! You should post on that.

Goldies said...

Alright so I read the books finally, we can be friends now :) What happened to the spill canvas song being in the movie? I was totally bummed!! And, yes Roy does have his very own sleigh, my brother Randy, i.e. the welder made it for him. It's open for business, you can come up for a one horse open sleigh ride...

Heidi said...

That is so cute!

Fisher said...

"Those" people are only disgusting if they value dogs in general over children. I don't think you fall in that category. Do you? ;)

I hope you're feeling better, and I hope Belle cherishes the tot and the octosock, whatever it's called.

xo-Jeri

Erin said...

socktopus!!! oh fox might need one of those... adorable!