Since I'm confined to my home whilst the hubs is at work, and I work via the internet...I do the majority of my shopping online. You know, I get a writing cramp, so take a few breaks to shop. Anyway, the UPS guy and I have a slightly awkward relationship. This is mainly because he usually comes around 10:30 am and this happens:
- Doorbell rings
- Belle barks from beside me in bed and gives me her "Don't worry, mom, I'll protect us," face
- I yell, awkwardly, "Coming...one sec!" and hurriedly throw on my robe and smooth my hair
- I answer the door, with bedhead and morning breath
- He says, very friendly-like, "Good morning! Got one for ya," and hands me the signing thingy whilst looking me up and down like, "You realize I've been working for like, four hours now, right?"
- I thank him, tell him to drive safely, and hurriedly shut the door, vowing to wake up earlier from then on. Never do.
"Morning!" I say, proud of myself.
"Morning," he says, "I've got two for you today. Johnston, right?"
"Yep," I say and go to hand him back the signing thingy...but...oh no, my hair is stuck to my wreath on my door! I'm trapped! He helps me by releasing the hair from the wreath's grasp.
"I guess that's a danger of having such long hair, huh?" he says, trying to make me feel less embarrassed.
"Yeah!" I say, too loudly. Then, more quietly, "Get stuck to things..."
"Nice shirt, by the way," he says.
"Thanks," I say and look down, only to be horrified to realize that I'm wearing my husband's shirt that says, "Blondes do have more fun. TRUST ME!" on it.
Yep. It happened.