Wednesday, June 10, 2009

lava love

Hello everyone! I'm feeling and doing much better. Thank you to everyone for their sweet and encouraging comments. They totally make my life! I have such great support.

So, we've been experiencing a little cabin fever lately. So after my seizure, to cheer me up and loosen my muscles, we planned a weekend trip to our fave weird town, Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. This tiny town is full of over-priced run-down hotels that nod to the 1970's. While I'm not fond of the public hot pots...you know...germ-a-phobe, I do like the private ones in your rooms. Our favorite thing about Lava, though, are the weird shops, and most of all, the weird people. We looooooove to people watch in Lava.


We also like to play practical jokes. There's a jukebox in one of the only restaurants in town. The last time we were there, when we left we put ten dollars in the jukebox and Elton John's "Tiny Dancer," which is about seven minutes long, played over and over and over....hahahaha! They probably had to unplug it.



Well, this time, we decided to enjoy people's reactions while we were there. This time, the only others in there were a table full of these manly men, complete with like 9 pitchers of beer.


Sorry about the low quality. It was a camera phone. Anyway, our playlist this time included these gems:
  • I've been Waiting for a Girl like You- Foreigner
  • So Emotional- Whitney Houston
  • Womanizer- Britney Spears
  • Right Thur- Chingy
  • The Hardest Thing- 98 Degrees
  • The Summertime- Mungo Jerry
and as we left.....
  • Bohemian Rhapsodey- Queen
  • Bohemian Rhapsodey- Queen
  • Bohemian Rhapsodey- Queen
  • Bohemian Rhapsodey- Queen
  • Bohemian Rhapsodey- Queen
We put the songs in before the men arrived and so they didn't know who did it. We were trying so hard not to laugh as each song came on and they said things like, "My hell...Whitney Houston? Really?" "I think this is Britney effing Spears," "What in the hell is this?" (Chingy) and "Ugh...it's the Backstreet people or something." Then we watched through windows outside as they heard Queen over and over. It was so funny. We're such nerds and so easily entertained.

Afterwards we went back to the hotel and soaked while we watched a Golden Girls marathon. Then, to top off the night, this occured:

Pillowtalk 4.0


Me: "Love you."
Spencer: "Love you too. The next french horn that comes up here is gonna face the wrath of the spanish tickler!"
Me: "Yesssss!" as I hurridley send that to myself as a text so I don't forget it.

2 comments:

e said...

ha ha! luv it! oh the possibilities of jukeboxes that I had not considered.

awesome.

so I went dancing when was in Hawaii. Good stories! Basically I was honey, the boys were bees, and I was swarmed. Good thing I'm light on my feet! It made me miss you a little too.

McClane, Jane and Rylee said...

I hope while you guys were in Lava nobody got kicked in the head! I heard its a dangerous place for things like that! And yes I have 2 eyes that saw it very clearly.....and YES it DID HAPPEN!! No questions asked!!! lol