Wednesday, April 21, 2010

fettish

Since we're moving in a couple of weeks (just across town) we decided to participate in a neighborhood yard sale.  I went through my closet.  I found that I have 32 purses.  How many did I get rid of?  Two.  And a wallet.


Let's talk about some of my faves.  These are my favorite big purses.  All from my mother-in-law.


This hobo is from Kathy Van Zeeland and I. love. it.  I love the color.  I love pearls.  I love the charms.  I love how it appears small but fits sooooo much.  I love the compartments for organizing.  I love how the front and back magnetic snaps make my phone readily accessible.  I love how it goes with almost everything.


This is also a Kathy and I love it for the same reasons.


Also a Kathy.   Love it for the same reasons AND because it has a shoulder strap.


This is not a Kathy, but still from MIL. I love it because it's so summery. And huge. And I have matching heels.


This one is fun because it's red, soft, big, and I love the heart stitching. I also have matching flats for this one.
And now, on to the clutches.


Isn't this the cutest thing you've ever seen?  It's tiny, but hand-beaded.  It also reminds me of my grandma.


I LOVE this one.  I love the color.  And it shimmies.


This one is a recent purchase.  I take it to work a lot.  Just enough room for a cell phone, my cards, and some lip gloss.


This fancy pants one is from Target.  Matching shoes too.  Very holidayish.


This one is a tweed that is very work appropriate.  You can't tell very well in the photo, but it has a little flower embellishment in the corner.


This is also one I take to work a lot.  Subtle glam. 


This one I got from Grams from DownEast for my birthday.  It has a chain shoulder strap too, but I love the handle detailing.  I love this one for its over-the-top girlishness.  I may or may not have a similar white one too...


This one I got for prom with Colby.  It has a very vintage feel to it.  I always think Titanic; I don't know why.


This little Jackie O. number is from JeriLynn, just because she's fab.  Just like this purse.  I heart wrist straps, and I HEART turquoise. 


This one my daddy picked out for me in Tahiti.  Very summery.


And this one, I am so over.  But, I was carrying it the first time I met Spencer and he says he'll never forget it.  So, it stays.

9 comments:

Kari said...

I had a pink corset purse! I forgot until I saw yours.

Candace Thomas said...

Thanks for this post! I am going to show Mike right away and show him that there ARE indeed people with a bigger love for purses than me! LOVE IT!

Candace Thomas said...

p.s. yeah i know i just used the word show two times in one sentence. enjoy!

e said...

lmao! ha ha. that is fantastic as are your purses.

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

Wow, I need you to take me purse shopping, I need something new that is happy and bright.

Seantae Jackson said...

I can see why you didn't get rid of more! SO cute! (Do you need any help moving? We could come down for an afternoon)

mommy princess said...

Now that's a collection worth keeping! I love purses, but sadly they're on the bottom of the list with 4 kids. If anything I'm always on the lookout for stylish diaper bags. Good luck with the move. Hugs:)

JeriLynn said...

Wow, what a collection! I especially love the rosette bag and the last one. And the turquoise one, of course. ;)

Oh, and I'm totally on your dresses! You just let me know. Can I do one with color for the blessing? And, how simple is "simple"? Can it still sparkle?

Carissa said...

Your collection is gorge. Especially the pink one!