Saturday, May 15, 2010

a birthday love poem, for my sweetheart

I love you because you're very smart.
I love you because you're creative,
and you really dig my art.

I love you because your pillow has a name,
I love you because you're passionate,
and with baseball, it's never just a game.

I love you because you eat Oreos with a fork.
I love how you talk in your sleep,
and how just like me, you're kind of a dork.

I love you because I sleep better when we touch.
I love you because you teach me stuff,
and because sometimes you talk too much.

I love you because you take my sass.
I love you because you make me giggle,
and because you have the sweetest ass.

I love you because you're kind.
I love you because you're silly,
and you can always read my mind.

I love you because you're an ipod nazi.
I love you because you're my best friend,
and you don't like Phase 10 or Yahtzee.

I love you because you fall asleep at the drop of a hat.
I love you because you never yell,
and you protect me from evil cats.

I love you because you always know just what to say.
I love you because you're spontaneous,
and how on the road sometimes you have rage.

I love you because you hold me so well in your arms.
I love your sparkling, pretty blue eyes,
and how all the girls fall for your irresistible charms.

I love you because you have the greatest smile.
I love you because you inspire me
to walk just one more mile.

I love you because you're seldom stinky.
I love you because you watch chick flicks
and you don't mind getting a little kinky.

I love you because when you smile your eyes twinkle.
I love you because you're so much fun,
and you can always make my nose crinkle.

I love you because you make me laugh till I cry.
I love you because you stay up till all hours with me,
and double dare each other till you could just die!

I love you because you're so selfless.
I love you because I've gotten so used to being taken care of,
that I'm now rendered helpless.

I love you because you're spiritual.
I love you because you encourage me to be better,
even when I'm premenstrual.

I love you because your heart is the only place I wanna be,
for better, for worse, for now, for always,
You're my better half and the only one for me.

Happy 26 my baby love!

For some real poetry, visit my poetry blog at Silenced Muses. :)

4 comments:

adamanddanielle said...

I liked how you rhymed spiritual and premenstrual :)

Lori said...

i love it. happy birthday spencer!

mommy princess said...

Super cute! Many happy returns, Love ya Spence!

Heidi said...

Freakin adorable. YOU'RE the cutest wife. I love the entire thing, but the last part is something I could totally see in vinyl writing on a wall or something. Eh? Adorable.

And YOU'RE not gonna believe it... but I found a typo. It's okay love, happens to the best of us. But if YOUR reaction is what I think it's gonna be, you might thank me ;) And it may or may not have something to do with the words in capital letters. Tee hee ;)