Wednesday, June 2, 2010

breaking the rules

A while back, my friend asked me to paint a watercolor of the San Diego temple for her husband as an anniversary present.  I replied, "Heid, I love you, but I don't do temples.  Or Christ.  That's my rule.  They're too special for me to screw up and have to throw them away, or worse, screw them up and not throw them away."  She responded with puppy dog eyes (which are a lovely shade of blue) and I caved. 

This was the reference picture we decided on:


And here is the painting:


Heidi loved it.  Dane loved it.  I might paint another temple, but still not Christ.  I struggle with people.

7 comments:

amelia said...

wow.

incredibly gorgeous.

Kari said...

nice!

Mileysmom said...

Chels,

That turned out beautiful!!!

Rich's said...

That looks AMAZING Chelsi. I never knew that you did stuff like that!!

Candace Thomas said...

Is there anything you don't do? I just read your comment on my blog and realized you had posted a few since I had last checked...could you please send me some of your talent? That is amazing!!!!!!! My anniversary is coming up too, I wonder what other tricks are up your sleeve:)

Lori said...

i didn't know you painted! it's beautiful.

e said...

yup. still love it! you are amazing with the watercolor. maybe you should give me a lesson. that would be awesome!