Thursday, July 29, 2010

confession

When I was about three, on the way to see the Easter Bunny, I fell down the escalator and was hurt pretty badly.  It ate my shoe.  I have absolutely no recollection of this event, but it has left me with a sometimes paralyzing fear of escalators.  I use them, but I really have to gear up before hand.  This, my friends, is why I recently froze on the escalator in Cesar's Palace and did the splits. 


Though I did not look as cute as her.  I had more of a deer-in-the-headlights look. 

Ps.  When I was googling images, I found out Crocs are very dangerous on escalators.  Yet ANOTHER reason not to wear the damn things.  Click here to join the Facebook Group:  I don't care how comfortable Crocs are, you look like a dumbass!

5 comments:

e said...

It's true. Don't worry though. I always got your back!

Kari said...

Scary! Sometimes when I'm riding one, I think about how easy it would be to tip over and fall down and how bad that would be. Did you look like Buddy the Elf?

Kari said...

P.S. I have the ballet flats Crocs. Sorrrrry. They're pink.

JeriLynn said...

Sorry, Chelsi, I love Crocs.

So, I had this funny memory about you the other day. I remember when I first met you I was struck by how fashion-forward you were. I remember thinking, "There is no way that she's a Mormon. No Mormon is that fashionable!" Isn't that funny? I got a good chuckle when I remembered that. I hope you do too. :)

Darci Lynne said...

I also have a fear os escalators. I have to really mentally prepare before I can step onto one. I am glad to know someone else is afraid too. I have this unreasonable fear of some staircases as well (I HATED the stairs at Bridger Pointe Apartments, I was positive I was going to fall through the slats. I also hated the stairs at the USU library.) I am sorry for the loss of your shoe, I knew escalators were evil.