Thursday, July 1, 2010

guest posting on the bobby pin

My friend, Natalie, is an amazing writer; obviously, since we met in the Ray B. West building at USU.  Her personal blog is one of the most-read blogs I've encountered.  She goes to conventions and is featured in blogging news.  She's basically a blog celeb.  If you read her blog, you'll totally know why.  She started this project to define "beautiful," asking her readers to tell her what makes them feel beautiful.  I was lucky enough to be featured.  You can read my guest post at:  http://www.thebobbypin.com/2010/07/define-beautiful-chelsi.html

She also makes such a good point about the Twilight series.  I am a self-proclaimed Twi-hard, but as I've re-read and seen the movies, and gotten older, I see Edward and Bella's relationship as very unhealthy.  It draws so many parallels with my relationship with Colby; which I now recognize as deeply passionate, yes, but deeply painful and unhealthy.  Every time I talk about Twilight now, I say, "Edward is abusive and Jacob is selfish!  She needs to dump them both and find a Spencer!"  That's what I did.  And my happily ever after is a lot happier than Bella's.

All deep-thinking aside though, sadly, I am still a Twi-hard.

2 comments:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Hey Chelsi, it's Kara (I'm showing up as a "visitor from Abilene Texas" on your reader map) anyway, I read your post and wanted to tell you that it inspired me. Thank you. :)

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

I adore you. And now I'm blushing.