Monday, August 16, 2010

thanks, al gore.

And I will not be ashamed to admit it.  It has started a few precious relationships, fertilized many relationships, and maintained more relationships than I can count.  It finds me the perfect present, a great recipe, medical advice, and ends factual debates, as well as lyrical debates.  It teaches me things, like how to fold a fitted sheet, or how to spin sugar, or how to do a lot of things in photoshop.  It has helped me plan weddings, parties, and finances.  It provides me with a medium in which to use my voice, showcase my talents, and finally, provides me (us) with a living.   

And today I found something else it does.  I'm designing a website and wanted to use an image that I found with google search.  But I need permission from the author.  I got the picture off of some pastor's blog...the author could be anywhere.  No worries, I just googled "best reverse image search" which directed me to tineye.com.  I uploaded my image and it found the original source in 60 seconds.  I got on the author's website and e-mailed him for permission.  Awesome.  AND since he is in Mexico, google translator even translated my message into Spanish, just in case.

Thanks, Al Gore.

4 comments:

amelia said...

wow. that is awesomely good to know.

Kari said...

i love the internet too much. don't you hate asking for permission to use pictures? maybe this is stupid, but I don't really understand why you have to. you don't have to ask a writer to quote them, so why do you have to ask a photographer to post their picture? I have thought about posting that question on my blog.

mommy princess said...

If I ever have internet questions you're who I call. Did you know you're the reason I started a blog? BTW Go to my blog and check out my first wedding cake!!!

Darci Lynne said...

I just watched the video about folding fitted sheets. Aaaaa-mazing. My life might never be the same. Also, when I watched that video on youtube, youtube kindly suggested that I might want to watch a video on how to fold a thong. Yep, a 56 second video on folding a thong. Cause they take up so much space, they really need to be condensed down into a neatly folded package. Thank you, youtube, my thousands of thongs can now be neatly organized.