Monday, September 20, 2010

in the beginning...

There were cupcake bites


And cupcake pops


Not too shabby for a first time, eh? The cupcake pops are my favorite. They aren't as neat as the cupcake bites, which I thought I would like better...but it turns out I like the slightly messy look. The cupcake bites kind of remind me of little purple boobies...but that's just me.  The good news:  They were easy!!!  And fun.  Who doesn't like mushing up cake?  I found that if I followed Bakerella's instructions explicitly, then they turned out great.  If I deviated at all, not as great.  I'm not usually one to question authority...I don't really know what got into me.  Perhaps it's my husband's influence.  Anyway, in the end, I only had to eat one.  I dipped the wrong end in the dark chocolate.  It was yummy, but they were even yummier after they'd chilled in the fridge for a bit.  So, yeah...I'm obsessed.  Expect many more pops...like many, many, many more.

4 comments:

amelia said...

ooh, wow. I feel a sudden strong desire to find out where you live and come visit...

Kari said...

they look so good! mmmmmm.

e said...

curse the distance! I want to come steal your pops! :D

theprettysmitties said...

Those were seriously some of the tastiest things I have ever eaten. In my life.