Thursday, November 4, 2010

4+1=1

I like fun-sized candy bars because the logic in my head says, "You can have a candy bar without feeling guilty about eating an entire candy bar."

But then you're me and have a day like yesterday.

I started my day out right by eating a Twix while I rummaged through the fridge looking for something to eat for breakfast.

After a suitable breakfast of yogurt and toast, I grabbed a Snickers to eat while I worked.

A few hours later, I went to put in a load of laundry and I grabbed a 3 Musketeers.

I popped it into my mouth and....oh wait, it was a Milky Way.

I'd better fix that and eat a 3 Musketeers as I originally attended.

Then later that night, I "needed something to cleanse my palate."  I asked Spencer to grab me something.  He grabbed me a Twix.

Well, guess what?

+
+
+
 +

=
 One whole candy bar.

Ugh.  PMS?  Yeah.

I'm the kind of girl that likes a sweet treat after dinner.  Danielle is a genius and came up with this one ingredient ice cream that has saved my life...and my love handles.  You just throw two frozen bananas in a food processor and blend until creamy.  I add a splash of skim milk to mine.  It's 0 points for one scoop, or half a banana.   My Wii Fit told me that if I eat a banana half an hour before I workout, I'll have a better workout because its sugars are easily converted into energy.  And as passive aggressive and annoying as it is...that thing knows what it's talking about.  My workouts are so much better when I eat my banana ice cream before!  I can run a whole mile longer and not even notice.  

With that in mind, I'm going to go hide the Halloween candy and add bananas to the grocery list. 

Ps.  There will be a Halloween post coming up.  I just need to round up some pics from my family.  Ahem.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love Midnight Milky Ways. I guess I better add bananas to my grocery list, too.