Tuesday, November 30, 2010

maybe next year...


Sooo...I know that I've been promising a post or two about adoption.  It is adoption month and it's almost over.  But.  Every time I go to write something, and trust me, I've got entire posts written in my head, I just can't connect my fingers to the keyboard.  Maybe right now the emotions are too close to the surface...maybe the feelings are a little too raw.  Maybe next year.

So, for now, I will say this:  Adoption is love.  I am indefinably grateful to that amazing 15-year-old girl who loved me enough to give me more than she could.  I know that I would not be living the life I am now had she not made that selfless choice.  I know that I was meant to come to this earth to my amazing parents, whom I don't deserve, through her.  I am eternally grateful that I have the opportunity to be part of my amazing family and be sealed to them forever.  And I cannot wait to be on the other side of the equation.  

5 comments:

Kari said...

I cannot wait either. :)

Camie said...

My first niece and my only niece is adopted. Here is a link to their blog, its not updated but if you read back you can read their story. They waited for about 3 years I think.The word wait is actually the wrong word to use. There is a post about Find VS Wait. Very neat. Good Luck, you guys will be in my prayers.
http://travelingtheroadtoadoption.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Love you Chelsi :)

e said...

I cannot wait for you either! (and I'm not just saying that because I am slightly worried that you might steal a child off the street)

love you!

e said...

and you would go to prison. I don't want you in prison, mmkay?