Wednesday, January 5, 2011

december: a month in review

To say that December was busy is an understatement.  So, I will try to keep this post heavy on the pictures and light on the words.  (Kari.)

Most of the month was spent overhauling and redesigning this website.  I had a 9 hour meeting the day it was due and my dad went with me.  I'm totally not exaggerating.  Nine hours.

To start the month off right, I went to a birthday party dressed as a peacock-hunting Native American.  I was an Indian outlaw and Spencer was a really hot sheriff.  We only got one pic so take my word for it.

The next day I made a Minnie Mouse birthday cake for niece Baby Kate.


And Minnie cake pops.  Kate had 5.  I'm so excited she is two.  It's my favorite age.  They start talking and their personalities start manifesting themselves so much more...I love it.

The day after that, my little brother got engaged!  Yes, friends, you read that right.  Preston Bradley Lasater is betrothed.  Hallelujah!  And I helped.  :)  One night I slept over at my mom's because I had a hair appointment the next day.  He was super duper stressed because he wanted to propose and didn't know how.  He decided to sing her the song "I Wanna Grow Old with You" from The Wedding Singer.  I was responsible for changing the words from, "Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink" to "Change all the diapers when the babies stink."  You're welcome.  He got her ring from the same place Spence got mine.  He decided to do it when we went to see the lights at temple square for my mom's birthday.  We were all in on it and my parents were less-than-stealth.  I won't get into detail but I can't believe she didn't know.  Geeze Luise.   Monkey (Preston) took her on a carriage ride and then whipped out his guitar and sang, then got down on one knee.  Spence and I were "hiding" filming the whole thing.  I cried so hard...It was so weird watching my baby brother propose.  Btw, she totally saw us and said, "What the hell is Spence doing over there?"  There was a shining red light on the camera.  Whoops. 
 us making out

 them making out (even before the ring)

 kids

 the happy couple

 family

the ice

Afterward we were walking through the conference center and some girl jumped out and grabbed me and I was so terrified that I was thisclose to fainting.  Luckily, it was my BFF Shani!  Once I recovered there were hugs and squealing.  She was singing in SLC that night and I couldn't go due to my filming duties, so we weren't planning on seeing each other.  It was epic.

There was more working and the nine hour meeting.  Then, I went to a lot of Christmas parties.

And this dress is my favorite dress I've ever owned; besides my wedding dress...obvi.

And then it was Christmas.  I was totally spoiled.  My parents are taking all of us to Disneyland Feb 17-21.  If any of you know me...well...you know that I want to live in Disneyland.  I am sooooo excited.  We haven't been on a Lasater family vacay since 2006.  It's going to be so much fun.  Pres and Jess (that's what we're calling them) might get married there if they can't wait till April 30.  :)

My mother-in-law got me a Vera Wang clutch, some fun jewelry and a Shark steam mop!!!   I've wanted one for a really, really long time!  I'm so excited to clean with it.  Have you seen the infomercial with the black light?!  Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!  I want to steam my whole house right now.

Belle made a haul.  She got so many toys it was ridiculous.  Here is a documentary.

Christmas Loot from Chelsi Johnston on Vimeo.

And my father-in-law got me this:


Isn't she lovely?  I cried hysterically.  Hy.ster.i.cal.ly.  Granted I was tired and already emotional, but still, it has a lot of meaning for me.  I know, it's a mixer, but I feel like it's a symbol of where we are finally at.  We're grown up, we're ready to make a home for ourselves, to make cookies for my kids, to expand my cake business, to have a real life.  I wanted to shout, "I'm a real girl!!"  Because that's how I felt.  The Kitchenaid was part of my seemingly unattainable dream...that I thought was out of reach.  But now, I feel like it's within my grasp.  Perfect present.  Best. In-laws.  EVER!

THEN on the 27th I got to talk to my BFF, Julie, for an hour and a half!!  We haven't seen each other for years, which is absolutely ridiculous.   She lives far away, so we set up a phone date in honor of Christmas and her birthday.  It was heavenly.  We dished, we chatted, we advised, we laughed, we reminisced, we squealed...we loved.  Two BFF reunions in one month?  Yes, please.  It would've been five....but schedules and lazic eye surgeries interfered.  I take what I can get!  That's the thing I love about my friends...no matter how far apart we are or how long it's been, we always pick up right where we left off.

Then Danielle threw her husby an awesome robot party, and gave me an even awesomer cake recipe.   And then we went to Studio 600 for a big NYE party with our friends Dane and Heidi and it was fabulous.

In summary:  Great month.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Thanks for the shout out. haha

I have that steam mop. Do you like it? I should go mop right now...but will I?

mommy princess said...

Wasn't that amazing! Seeing you was one of the best gifts I got this year. I have a Shark...I love it ;) It keeps me sane. With all the mud in our backyard right now one of my largest chores is to try and keep the great outdoors,OUTDOORS! btw I love that Dave Mathews Song on your playlist.