Tuesday, April 5, 2011

puppy love

I just got out of the shower and walked into the bedroom to see this:


Tell me that isn't the cutest damn thing you've ever seen.  April is a busy month.  My niece is turning five this week, in six days I will have a new nephew or niece, it is my new sister-in-law's birthday on the 22nd, my brother is getting married on the 30th (aka the biggest event EVER in the entire history of man, which means another month full of showers and pictures and designing and shopping and planning and...and...and) and Belle will be four on the 13th.

I have no idea what to do for her.  She isn't having a birthday party this year.  We decided it would be polite to only ask family to humor us every other year.  She has so many toys that I've started throwing away ones she doesn't play with just to make room in her toy basket.  What do you get the puppy who has everything?  She certainly doesn't need anything... Other than a new bed for the inside of her kennel, but we're sticking to our guns on that.  (She ripped up a memory foam bed in a tantrum, so we told her if she ripped up a new bed, we wouldn't get her a new one and she'd have nothing to lay on.  She threw a few more fits and tore the bed to shreds.  Her kennel is empty now.)  What is a crazy dogmom to do?  Other dogmoms, any ideas?  

I thought about taking the day off work and doing things Belle wants to do, like go to the park, pick out a toy at Petsmart, take a nap, etc.  She's having a hard time with me working lately.  However, her birthday is on a Wednesday and I can't drive, and there's no parks within walking distance, and I could walk to Petsmart....but it would take a while.  And neither of us like THAT long of a walk.  If only we lived in Logan and not the ghetto.  Sigh.  Then I thought that we could celebrate the weekend of her birthday...but that is the only free day this entire month I have to clean my house.  So, ignore the dust bunnies and clean...or celebrate turning four?  I think we all know the answer.

No comments: