Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Days of Pumpkin: Days 11-24

The pumpkin madness continues.

Day 11:  Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
These were yummy. Perfect balance of pumpkin and snickerdoodleness.  They were pretty easy too.  The recipe I used is from Annie's Eats here.  How did I find all of these recipes, you ask...Pinterest, of course.




Day 12:  Spicy Coconut Pumpkin Soup

This was really good and different enough from our previous two soups that we didn't feel like we were eating the same thing.  The recipe is from Better Homes and Garden's here.




Day 13:  Old Fashioned Pumpkin Bread

It looks good right?  Looks, and smells, can be deceiving.  It was so gross I spit it out.  Sooo molassesy.  And I have nothing against molasses.  It was like molasses punched me in the face.  It smelled really good though so it was good potporri for my garbage can.  No recipe.  You don't want it.


Day 14:  Pumpkin Doughnut Holes
O....m...g.  These were SOOOOO GOOD.  I could've eaten these ten at a time and every single day for the rest of my life.  I wish I had some right now.  They were from the Craving Chronicles and the name fits.  I liked that they were baked and not fried; one, I don't have a fryer, two, I'm afraid of frying things, and three, it's so messy.  The only tasking part about these was the rolling in butter and then cinnamon and sugar got slightly tasking after about 13...but that was before I'd tasted them!  So worth it.


Day 15:  Pumpkin Dump Cake
This was amazeballs.  This was my first "dump cake" and I won't lie, I was skeptical.  But, I was pleasantly surprised.  The toffee bits were sooo yummy in it and I love hot gooey things with ice cream on top.  We have more in the fridge but we need to buy more vanilla ice cream to top it.  It's not the same without it.  Mmmm.  From Cookies and Cups.


Day 16:  Crockpot Pumpkin Pudding
I forgot to take a photo of this but it looked just like the one from Annie Oakley's Kitchen.  This was on a Sunday when we spoke in church, so it was super easy and it was nice to use my crock pot for something different.  It made the house smell really good too.  Spencer loved it but I thought it was just okay.  Ps.  I don't use my crockpot nearly enough.  I have a 101 crockpot recipes book but I haven't tried many of them.  Anyone have any crockpot faves? 


Day 17:  Pumpkin Oreo Tarts
I don't have mini tart pans so mine aren't as cute as the ones in Adventures in Dessert.  It was pretty yummy, but it didn't blow me away.







Day 18:  Pumpkin  French Toast.
I forgot to take a picture of this too, because it burned when I stuck it under the broiler for a second...or two.  My new oven is hot.


Day 19: Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins

I would call these cupcakes instead of muffins, but don't worry, I still ate two for breakfast.  I took them to work too and they were eaten very quickly.  The struesel topping was yummy, yummy.  I'm pretty sure I made a "Nom, Nom, Nom" sound whilst eating them.  From Sugar Cooking.


Day 20:  Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies
I was pretty sure these brownies would change the course of my entire life.  I was so excited to eat them I could hardly contain myself.  The batter was so good....the brownies...not so much.  They were basically a gooey mess.  I think they might work better in a jelly roll pan and with less or no ice cream topping.  Recipe from Picky Palate.


Day 21:  Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
 I had leftover batter and cheesecake filling from the muffins, and I also had gingersnaps.  So, I thought I'd be brilliant and make mini pumpkin cheesecakes.  They failed.  My batter to cheesecake ratio was off.  Too much batter, not nearly enough cheesecake.  Gooey mess.


Day 22:  Pumpkin Spiced Hot Chocolate
Very quick.  Spencer whipped this up in our Cocoamotion while I took a shower.  It was perfect after our cold night in the Haunted Forest at Sherwood Hills, which was awesome, by the way.  I was unaware of my brother's fear of chainsaw men. Before we went in, my sister-in-law gave him permission to leave her and run as fast as he could when we saw one, and I thought she was being funny.  Never have I seen ANYONE run so fast as my little brother did.  He was so afraid he ran all the way to the car, got in, and backed out.  I think he would've driven away if we hadn't made it to the car, the chainsaw guy sawing at the car windows!  It was hilarious.  I'm sure he missed the group behind us because he was having so much fun tormenting my brother.  Oh, the recipe is from Eggs on Sunday.  And I finally opened my Halloween marshmallows.  :)


Day 23:  Pumpkin Fudge 
My momma helped me make this at her house yesterday because she's a whiz at softballing.  (It's a stage of boiling sugary things.)  It was really yummy but I'm not really a fudge girl and it made a lot so  I thought I'd cut it up and take it Visiting Teaching.  Feel free to leave suggestions for the tag.  ;)  Recipe from Recipe Girl.


Day 24:  Pumpkin Doggie Biscuits 
I adapted this recipe from Undressed Skeleton, sent to me by my friend Kari, with the subject line, "Because you're THAT person."  :)  Yes, yes I am.  I adapted this because I have a severe aversion to tuna and I didn't have rolled oats.  I also thought painting it with smushed up berries was slightly ridiculous.  I'm not that person.  Belle LOVED this.  I would suggest, of course, only one per day.  There's a lot of stuff in it that could cause some diarrhea if your puppy ate too much.

My version of the recipe:
1 1/4 c wheat flour
1 egg
1/4 c plus 2-3 Tbs pumpkin divided
Dash of baking soda
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients except 2-3 Tbs pumpkin; add pumpkin by tablespoons until a dough begins to form.  Roll out and cut to desired shape.  Bake at 350 on parchment-lined pan for ten minutes.


Frosting:
1/4 c Greek yogurt
3 Tbs Peanut butter

Combine till smooth and frost cooled cookies.

More to come after Halloween!  This week I am concentrating on entrees rather than desserts.  I'm slightly pumpkin desserted out.  Slightly.  I heart dessert. 

3 comments:

Kari said...

I loled when I read the dog treat part. I didn't know you were actually going to make them!

So much of your food looks good. Are you going to do a pumpkin roll? Mmm.

I have to say this because I'm THAT person. Don't hate me. It's pinterest, not pintrest. But don't worry because it's a common mistake. I still love you and hope you still love me.

Heidi said...

I was I was as driven as you!!! You amaze me!!!

theprettysmitties said...

I can't believe how many awesome recipes you made! BTW, those pumpkin cheesecake muffins were fashioned from the tiny hands of cherubs and baked in the ovens of love and everything that is wonderful and good.