- The faux french braid. I did this one a lot this summer. The video is a little annoying, but whatevs. I combine it with this one:
- The messy "French Bun." I've worn this a few times, but oddly, there are no pictures of me in it. Lame. Here's the link, though: http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2009/11/messy-french-bun.html
- The Twisty Bun. I wore this to church today. I've also worn it to work, and a couple of baby showers. Super easy! http://blueribbonstudio.blogspot.com/2011/04/hair-tutorialvia-michaela-noelle.html And some pictures:
Self-taken photos in the mirror=awkward.
Silly face because I felt so awkward.
- Fishtail Braid. I know some of you can't believe I didn't know how to do this...but I didn't. Cause it looks so intricate and hard! It's not. Here's a vid:
And here's me!
- The Sock Bun and the Sock Bun Curls.
The sock bun is apparently, no secret, but it was to me. I love me some buns, so a big, voluminous bun? Yes please! It totally works. This is a new go to for glamour. Oddly enough...I don't think I have pictures of me wearing one. I, of course, do one big bun on the top of my head like this:
- Taylor Swift Curls. I was devastated that this didn't work. I may try it again. Here's the video:
- The Gibson Tuck. I can't do this to save my life. I tried today and made us 20 minutes late for church. The hair tie makes my hair on the sides fall out, which is weird...you'd think it'd have the opposite effect. It's easier for me to do it sans hair tie, but I can't get both sides looking even yet. If any of you try it, let me know! The link is: http://saralynnpaige.com/blog/style/simple-gibson-tuck/
- And now, my favorite. I almost hate telling this one. Usually, when I want to curl my hair I put it up in sponge rollers and sleep on it. It takes about 30 minutes to do my whole head though, and since I have to do it at night, sometimes it can be a hassle. It looks like this:
I always get a lot of compliments, but like I said, sometimes at 11 at night I don't want to put my hair in rollers. Enter sock curls. I get a looser version of this curl in about 1/4 the time. It it my absolute favorite new way to wear my hair. I wear it a lot when I want to curl my hair but have low energy. Here are some pics:
|not the best "front" day but still pretty in the back|
It is so easy and it works EVERY time! Here is the video:
You're welcome, America! Don't forget to read my All About Epilepsy post from last year. It's epilepsy awareness month but I couldn't think of anything new to write about except for how Obama care will screw me over...and I just don't want to get into it.
Stay tuned for a very exciting post coming soon though...