Top ten faves:
- Create your own Bokeh. This one is my top fave. I made one that changed light to hearts! I made several different sized ones using my Cricut and me and my photog brother-in-law played around with it. Super easy and super successful! It lead to one of my favorite pics of all time. We used it for our christmas pics last year.
- Hair dos. I'm including all of these in one because they would take up too much real estate otherwise. Twisty Bun. Here are some silly pics because I feel silly taking mirror pics
- Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon. This one is a book I put on my to read list. It's now one of my favorite books EVER. It's a more adult take on the classic tale of The Little Mermaid (not the Disney one...the one where the witch cuts out her voice box.) It's more adult and a little more Grimm (teehee) but I LOVED it. It was hard to decide who I wanted to win the prince's heart, the mermaid or the princess. It was a heart-wrenching, beautiful book. I also read her story, Godmother, based on the godmother from Cinderella. I was much less impressed with that one.
- Keep your house clean with 15-20 minutes a day. This one gave me the idea but I do it a bit differently. Mondays I mop and vacuum. Tuesdays I clean the kitchen. Wednesdays I dust and I hate it. Thursdays I clean my bathroom. Fridays I clean the Spence's bathroom and Saturdays I do laundry. Everyday I just straighten up and do things like the dishes and wipe off the counters etc. I also spend more like an hour than 20 minutes...but that's just me. Maybe you're super fast. When I dust it takes about 2 hours and then a shower so I don't get hivey and sneezy. Yeah, you read that right. I also have a basket of cleaning supplies for each room and I got that idea here. Mine read: bathrooms, kitchen, dusting, and dishes. This system has helped cleaning the house seem much less overwhelming. I was skeptical at first thinking, "But my whole house will never be clean!" True, but it feels cleaner because I actually do it.
- Dried Pineapple flowers and Hummingbird cupcakes by Annie's Eats. I made these for my neighbor's birthday and they were a huge hit. They were easy, very yummy and absolutely beautiful! See?
Hummingbird CC with pineapple flowers
- 100 Great Date Night Ideas. We made a goal to cross all of these off while we wait for baby. They are really great and I love how they all range in price and time. Some of my faves that we've done are flying kites, though I totes biffed it running full speed down a hill in front of a baseball team, we had a candle-lit backyard picnic with lobster and fondue, and we went to a video arcade.
- Custom silhouette lamp shade. This took like 5 minutes and every time I turn it on I smile. I want to do another one on the opposite side that says, "Happily Ever After," but I need a lamp first. You will need the bird's nest Cricut cartridge, but I already had it. Here's a picture I had Spencer take:
- Mini book charms. I cannot believe I didn't take a picture of this. I made a bookmark for my sis. It turned out adorably.
- Ramen Noodle upgrade to Pad Thai. This is now one of my go-to recipes! Really easy, fast, and cheap.
- 3D bow, and paper flowers for presents. The 3D bow was super cool and I've had fun tying brown paper packages with string.
|Half up hair bow|
It was very hard to pick just ten. Runners up were: How to make a printed font list-- this one is really easy and has really helped me in my design projects, especially with clients who need to pick a font; Snow Ice cream-- I can't wait to do this with my kids; Italian crockpot chicken-- also easy and cheap; and this spider eggsac for Halloween.
And now for the losers. The epic fails, the ehs, and the ones that just pissed me right off.
- Dorothy Perkins. Dorothy is a reeeaal bitch. I had this party, right? I needed a new dress, so I ordered one on their site. I knew they were a UK company, but when I ordered two weeks ahead, I noticed that I could pay $15 extra dollars to have it shipped to me in time. I figured they had a US warehouse or something and since the dress was only 20 bones, it was worth it. Guess what? The dress was still in the U effing K the day before the party. It was late, late, late and I got the total run around with their "customer service." I didn't have my dress and just YESTERDAY did they agree to refund my shipping. I really like my dress though, but that just pisses me off more since I didn't have it in time.
- How to get the dingy out of whites. I noticed absolutely NO difference. Nada.
- Shower cleaner extraordinaire. This just left a yucky residue.
- The secret to curling your eyelashes. This just made my eyes water and I had to redo my eyes.
- Perfect heatless Taylor Swift Curls. I was so sad when this didn't work; you can't possibly imagine my grief.
- Heart-shaped whoopie pies. These were hilariously not heart shaped. They were so bad. I failed, epicly.
- Pinata cookies. I made these for our fiesta Cinco de Mayo night. They tasted good, but look how sad they look!!
- A Great Place for a Seizure by Terry Tracey. I was very disappointed in this. It lacked all kinds of emotion. It basically listed every place she had a seizure. I don't even remember the end. I could do so much better.
- Single-serve mug brownie. Yuck.
- Memories of us balloons. This wasn't a fail, but I was. Did you know helium only lasts 5 hours? Me neither. Good thing I took a picture before I went to bed.