Wednesday, April 3, 2013

peony or pee-on-me?

Remember when I entered a dress design contest for Shabby Apple and didn't win?  I saw this lil' number in their new collection today and it looked REALLY familiar.
It looks a lot like this one, eh? Never mind that it has the same NAME!


I have such a love/hate relash with them.  I hate them.  Sometimes I hate their dresses.  I hate how they package them.  Yet, I still continue to buy from them, because more often than not, I see a dress and I'm like, "OMG I LOOOVE that dress!"  But today I'm like, "WTF Shabby Apple?  Not cool.  Not cool at all."

Update:  The production manager assured me that she never saw my sketch and they only copied another dress from their Mad Hatter collection, I'm Late, and made it in a different color, then modified the neckline.  She was very nice and offered me a ten dollar coupon that expires in 30 days, which means I probably won't use it.  I'm still suspicious and mad.  As mad as a Mad Hatter.

4 comments:

amelia chesley said...

!

you have to do something!
but I don't know what. it might be hard to prove, and they have more money and lawyers than you. but maybe they'd be understanding if you sent some angry letter?

I could rally some designer angst on twitter, if you need me to... there are plenty of people who would frown on Shabby Apple for doing a spec work contest thing in the first place. not cool. definitely not cool.

Kari said...

Oh my gosh! I'd be so mad!

Seantae Jackson said...

I can't believe that! You should rustle more feathers!!!!

Ruby in the Rough said...

Wow, that makes me mad. Even though I'm in a hate relationship with FB, I'm going to share this one. Grrr.