Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2013 Pins: A Year in Review, Part I

So, I know this is like 14 days overdue, but I've been busy.  Sorry guys.  Last year's review of pins was a delightful post, so I thought I'd do it again!  Check me out on IG #pinterestprojects for more pics!  So, without further ado, I give you all of the pins I tried in 2013 and their review according to yours truly.

1.  Valentines Day Kiss Flip book from The Dating Divas.
Cute, easy, cheap.  He liked it.  It's still on his dresser.


 Failed three times.  I was really sad because I was super stoked.

3.  20 free Valentine printables from Modge Podge Rocks.  These were great.  Last year I left husband a little Valentine for the 14 days leading up to V-day and I used a few of these.  He was definitely enamored.

4.  Airmail Valentine from Just Something I Made.  Another Valentine.  Very cute.

5. How to fold a heart-shaped napkin from Cross Roads Cottage.  Very cute for a Valentines dinner, but you need a heavy napkin and I'd suggest ironing it to help it stay.

6.  How to Create a Dotted Line in Photoshop by V Mac n Cheese.  Some things I just don't remember from college.  

7.  Chameleon Eye Makeup.  Purdy.


8.  Stained Glass Mason Jars #1 from Lily Shop and #2 from Six Sisters.  I ended up putting mine in the oven as the sisters recommend.  Don't put water in them or they'll die.

9.  Box lid for cupcake holders.  Um, no.  And I was so excited.  :(  It smushed the cupcakes.

10.  Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs from Brown-eyed Baker.  You guys.  Epic.  I made HUGE ones and gave to my family for Easter...maybe I'll do it again...today...just to eat by myself.

11.  How to clean your makeup brushes.  So, your supposed to sit each one in a cup of water and vinegar.  Confesh:  Mine are waaaaay to dirty to just sit in a cup and come out clean.  I think it would work better to put them in a sink of vinegar and hot water....but like one at a time.

12. Free Photoshop postage stamp brushes from Best Design Options.  You're welcome.  

13.  Floral skinnies and peter pan collar necklace.  Yep.

14.  Hang a vase by your kitchen window from The Created Home.  Cute!  
 
15.  Homemade pore strips.  Too thick.  It hurt really bad. 


16.  DIY Sea Spray for Beach Waves. Fail.  Really sticky and it didn't really work.
17.  Brisket and Brie Quesadillas from Foodie Bride.  Just ok.  I'm a huge brie fan but I don't think it paired well.  We tried it with pepperjack too, but same story.  I need cheese on my quesadillas, ya know?
18.  Best Pancakes Ever from Colleen's Recipes.  Not really...sorry Colleen.
19.  How to clean your dishwasher from Homestead Survival. I didn't see a huge difference, but my dishwasher isn't that dirty.  However, I think if your dishes are coming out filmy, this can help.
20.  Gooey Oreo Bars from Picky Palette.  Woah.  I made these for FHE that one time that we did it.  It was too much.  Even for me.  
21.  The Pink Breakfast Smoothie from Mama Owl Blog.  Really good.  A breakfast go to!
22.  How to Cut Your Own Bangs by iVillage.  Scary, but good.  I TRIM my own bangs now.  I did it again on Saturday.  Scary.  Take off tiny amounts.  And don't tell your hair dresser.
23.  Overnight Oatmeal from Pillsbury.  Yucky.  I think I'm just not a fan of overnight oatmeal in general.
24.  Creamy Cauliflower Sauce by A Pinch of Yum.  They aren't foolin' anybody and neither are you when you make this!  Sorry.
25.  Crockpot Chicken Tiki Masala by Table for Two.  Soooooo good.  A dinner staple now!

Alright friends, that's all for now.  Stay tuned for the other half!  It's happier.  I think last year I had more Pinteresting success, but we're only halfway through, and Halloween had some real winners!  

2 comments:

Danielle Smith said...

You are so funny, I was laughing to myself as I read through these. I love how we get so excited about certain pins, and I don't know where the photos came from, because it is no bueno. And Tika Masala is the shit.

Seantae Jackson said...

I love some if these and am totally going to try them!